Whether it's assistant editing, or visual effects, I have you covered.
Midwest work horse.
Music editing for Tim Williams, and a color assistant to Michael Eaves.
Regardless of the date/time, I’m here to see your post needs are met.
I was born and raised in Burnsville Minnesota, far from the entertainment world. Like many, I had aspirations of becoming a director. I enrolled at Columbia College Chicago where I quickly realized my passions were actually in the world of postproduction. At school I interned for 3to1 studios doing VFX and motion graphics and Fresh Brain assistant editing for David Wittenstein. I received a Bachelor of Arts in film production than went on to teach AVID at Columbia, and freelance at 3to1 Studios. After flirting with the idea of moving back to Minnesota, I decided to pursue feature films. I currently reside in LA.
Assistant Editor /VFX sup/Additional writing: July 2010 – Present, Liberty Studios, San Diego, CA – Responsibilities included:
- All work associated with the feature film Walking with the Enemy, ranging from writing to marketing.
- Scheduling and hiring of all artists within the VFX department.
- I assisted many talented editors including Richard Nord, Eric Beason, and Joel Cox.
- Music editor (TEMP) and working directly with composer.
- Color assistant, I did all conforms and several color changes in colorists absence.
- 2k outputs and DCP creation.
Assistant Editor: July 2009 – Dec. 2009, A Digital Vision, Chicago, IL – Responsibilities included:
- Ingesting media elements along with storage maintenance.
- Codebooks, and export/transcoding finished product to client specified deliverables.
- Trouble shooting AVID Media Composer systems and lead editor on specific projects.
- I also did data wrangling on numerous occasions.
Digital Effects Artist: Feb. 2009 – Dec. 2009, 3to1 Studios, Chicago, IL – Responsibilities included:
-Creating various graphic and other visual elements in addition to compositing.
- I was responsible for working seamlessly between other departments, freelancers, and staff.
- Project file and on-line workflow management between numerous artists in off site facilities.
- Transcoding and media ingestion, color correction, and facilitating client review/work sessions.
Part-Time Staff: May 2008 – Dec. 2009, Columbia College, Chicago, IL – Responsibilities included:
- Managing a staff of TAʼs within the postproduction facilities.
- Giving approximately 80 lectures a year on AVID and Final cut pro editing systems.
- BetaCAM tape layoffs and capturing. I was also responsible for maintaining and fixing computer and hardware/software problems.
- Managing of hundreds of projects as they entered the facility.
- Avid and Final Cut Pro software troubleshooting.