One stop shop for Editorial, visual effects, and 2k finishing
Midwest work ethic.
Music editor for Tim Williams. Color assistant to Michael Eaves.
Call for availabilty.
I was born and raised in Burnsville Minnesota, far from the entertainment world. Like many, I had aspirations of becoming a director. I enrolled at Columbia College Chicago where I quickly realized my passions were actually in the world of postproduction. At school I interned for VFX company, 3to1 studios, and assistant edited for David Wittenstein at Fresh Brain. While working on my Bachelor degree, I spent two semesters teaching AVID to undergrad students as a part time staff member. I’ve been living in LA for the last 4 years working on various independent features as both an assistant editor, finishing editor, and VFX artist.
Assistant Editor /VFX sup/ additional color: July 2010 – Present, Liberty Studios – Responsibilities included:
- First assistant editor for feature film Walking with the Enemy.
- VFX editor in addition to running off the 2k plates to various vendors.
- I assisted many talented editors including Richard Nord, Eric Beason, and Joel Cox.
- Music editor (TEMP).
- Additional colorist and online editor.
Assistant Editor: July 2009 – Dec. 2009: A Digital Vision, Chicago, IL – Responsibilities included:
- Ingesting media elements along with storage maintenance.
- Codebooks, and export/transcoding finished product to client specified deliverables.
- Trouble shooting AVID Media Composer systems and lead editor on specific projects.
- I also did data wrangling on numerous occasions.
Digital Effects Artist: Feb. 2009 – Dec. 2009: 3to1 Studios, Chicago, IL – Responsibilities included:
-Creating various graphic and other visual elements in addition to compositing.
- I was responsible for working seamlessly between other departments, freelancers, and staff.
- Project file and on-line workflow management between numerous artists in off site facilities.
- Transcoding and media ingestion, color correction, and facilitating client review/work sessions.
Part-Time Staff: May 2008 – Dec. 2009: Columbia College, Chicago, IL – Responsibilities included:
- Managing a staff of TAʼs within the postproduction facilities.
- Giving approximately 80 lectures a year on AVID and Final cut pro editing systems.
- BetaCAM tape layoffs and capturing. I was also responsible for maintaining and fixing computer and hardware/software problems.
- Managing of hundreds of projects as they entered the facility.
- Avid and Final Cut Pro software troubleshooting.